The U.S. Navy maintained installations on Cape Henlopen continuously from 1898 until 1996. (See map below.)
The recently published book: A Century of Service: The U.S. Navy on Cape Henlopen, Lewes Delaware, 1898-1996 provides the history of that Navy presence.
Purchasers of the book can use the ID "reader" and the password provided on page 133 of the book (EXCEPT use 7 vice &) and click on the ___ after any installation to access pages providing additional information and pictures.
This website was built on Google Chrome and is best viewed using that browser. Updated 15 June 2015.